Designer: Egon Eiermann | 1951
A tubular steel frame in conjunction with an „organically“ shaped seat and backrest made of moulded wood – the SE 68 was the earliest model in Germany in this combination of materials.
To give furniture a „human dimension“, that was Egon Eiermann’s goal – and anyone who has ever sat on his SE 68 knows then at the latest that hardly anyone lived up to this aim as much as the self-confessed perfectionist himself.
Multi purpose chair with 4-legged tubular steel frame, chrome plated. Diameter 18 X 2 mm (3/4")
silence glides felt or teflon
Seat + Backrest three-dimensional deformed and ergonomic
Seat and backrest of laminated wood veneer.
Backrest support of tubular steel, diameter 18 X 2 mm (3/4").
approx. 5,0 kg
|79 cm||42 cm||46 cm||47 cm|
Wood and liveries
Different woods - please enquire specials
|stained black||lacquered black||lacquered white|
Les Couleurs® Le Corbusier Colours
Added upholstery or full apholstery
writing tablet, natural beech
Different fabrics - please enquire specials
One of the most famous architects of post-warmodernism in Germany.His most famous buildings include the KaiserWilhelm Memorial Church in Berlin, the Bonn parliament,the German Embassy in Washington andthe Olivetti towers in Frankfurt.With his dedication he inspired not only his studentsand clients. Just two of his many awardsare „The Grand Prize of the BDA“ (Federation ofGerman Architects) and Germany‘s „Grand Orderof Merit“.
The architect came to WILDE+SPIETH looking forsuitable shutters for his buildings. In 1948 alreadyhe asked the forward-looking question: „Children,can you make chairs too?“A close and friendly cooperation began and togetherthey developed Eiermann’s famous productionfurniture made of wood and tubular steelin the years and decades that followed.Professor Egon Eiermann died in 1970 in Baden-Baden.