Designer: Egon Eiermann | 1951
Discreet yet with an incredible presence, SE 68 SU develops its different character in all kinds of rooms just as if it were individually designed and developed for just this room, this hall, this building.
Regardless of the size of the room, the number of chairs, the type of deployment and use, its colour and design, in every room it seems to have just the impact and expressiveness that transforms the overall composition into this one perfect unity.
Multi purpose chair with 4-legged tubular steel frame, chrome plated. Diameter 18 X 2 mm (3/4")
silence glides felt or teflon
Seat + Backrest three-dimensional deformed and ergonomic
Seat and backrest of laminated wood veneer.
Backrest support of tubular steel, diameter 18 X 2 mm (3/4").
approx. 5,0 kg
|79 cm||42 cm||46 cm||44 cm|
Wood and liveries
Different woods - please enquire specials
|stained black||lacquered black||lacquered white|
Stable row links, welded
Added upholstery or full apholstery
writing tablet, natural beech
Different fabrics - please enquire specials
One of the most famous architects of post-warmodernism in Germany.His most famous buildings include the KaiserWilhelm Memorial Church in Berlin, the Bonn parliament,the German Embassy in Washington andthe Olivetti towers in Frankfurt.With his dedication he inspired not only his studentsand clients. Just two of his many awardsare „The Grand Prize of the BDA“ (Federation ofGerman Architects) and Germany‘s „Grand Orderof Merit“.
The architect came to WILDE+SPIETH looking forsuitable shutters for his buildings. In 1948 alreadyhe asked the forward-looking question: „Children,can you make chairs too?“A close and friendly cooperation began and togetherthey developed Eiermann’s famous productionfurniture made of wood and tubular steelin the years and decades that followed.Professor Egon Eiermann died in 1970 in Baden-Baden.